100% natural origin mascara, what an interesting and innovative concept!
Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara states that it is 70% organic and 100% from natural origins. It claims that it will give you 5x lash boosting, lengthens, volumizes and defines. Of course I was curious and had to try it out!
Price AUD: $24.95
Some points to note:
- 100% free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, paragons, clumping, smudging, flaking, fibres and dyes.
- Contains an EcoBlend featuring OrganiSoy & Eco-Olive
- 100% recyclable eco-brush
- 100% natural colour pigments
- 100% natural origin preservatives
- *First ever ECOCERT certified organic line of makeup in the U.S.
- Ophthalmologist approved – (If you’re like me & didn’t know what that meant, here you go – An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who has undertaken additional specialist training in the diagnosis and management of disorders of the eye and visual system.)
- 100% cruelty free
- Hypoallergenic & fragrance free
Upon opening the mascara, I noticed that the brush was a silicone type of material which I love! There was also zero clumping around the brush upon opening it for the first time which is always a good sign.
Above is what the mascara looked like on me. To be completely honest on first impressions, the application was extremely easy and the brush is beautiful. However, I don’t think it did much for my lashes besides making them darker. It didn’t add length, and if it did, I can’t see it. It also didn’t volumize my lashes. It did define them though and separate them nicely. One good thing is that it was very easy to apply to my bottom lashes which is something I always look out for.
How did it wear & final thoughts:
After roughly 12 hours of wear, the mascara did not budge! It stayed in place and did not smudge. A downside is that my lashes completely lost their lift and made them look quite flat.
I would recommend this mascara if you want something light to wear as a daily or to use on the bottom lashes for some definition. I would not recommend this mascara for long wear or to add a lot of volume or length.
If you found this post helpful, please give it a like so I know this is content you enjoy reading. Also follow for blog posts every Sunday. Have a fabulous day! xo